• Create a customized library of all your references.
• Insert those references in Word and EndNote will automatically create citations and a bibliography matching the requirements of your selected journal or style manual— and it has over 6,000 bibliographic styles to choose from!
• Attach PDFs, sound files, videos, or any other kind of file to your references—up to 45 files per reference!
• Read and annotate attached PDFs.
• Organize your library using groups to categorize references by project, subject, or anything else you choose—and the same reference can be in as many groups as you want.
• Sync your EndNote references and groups across multiple computers, share references with others, track who has made changes to references in shared libraries and when they were made, and access your references from almost anywhere with any Internet browser by logging into your EndNote online account at my.endnote.com
• And much, much more
Download and install EndNote from Apps Anywhere (video)
You can download and install a copy of EndNote X9 to your own device. You need to delete the program when you leave Maynooth University.
*Please note when you download it, there will be two files (Installation File & Text File), the Text File contains the product code which you'll need to complete the download.
EndNote Desktop is a bibliographic add-on for Microsoft Word available on Windows and Mac computers.
EndNote desktop can be accessed by staff and students on their own Windows PCs/laptops via AppsAnywhere https://appsanywhere.mu.ie . Windows 10 is recommended for best results.
Guide to accessing EndNote from Apps Anywhere here
Using EndNote online in conjunction with EndNote on the desktop will allow you to access the contents of your EndNote library from any computer with an internet connection, sync references between computers and share your research with colleagues.
You'll also need Endnote Online to download Cite while you Write (creates in text citations/footnotes & bibliographies), Capture Reference and Endnote Click (captures PDF's of the articles you find, formerly called Kopernio) tools.
Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with the EndNote app - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on your iOS device. By syncing your research library across iOS, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
The EndNote app includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X9 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X9 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation