Why do Libraries support open publishing?
- Opportunity to address local needs and promote research
- Encouragement of Open Access publishing models and permissive licencing allowing a greater volume of high-quality open access scholarship
- Giving authors greater control over how their work is published and disseminated
- Facilitates publication of niche/very specialised topics, conference proceedings, grey literature, alternative formats etc that may not fit the traditional publishing models
- Cost considerations in an era of rising subscription prices
- Expertise of library staff very transferable to local publishing support